Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday, July 27th - Grotto Time!

Per my grandma's suggestion...Rich and I headed out to the Fern Grotto on Monday and were not disappointed. It was amazing...many changes have been made since recent hurricanes, but the grotto is still amazing!
Here are Rich and I waiting to get on the boat tour to the grotto...the boat had live hawaiian music and hula lessons...so much fun!
We arrived at the Grotto...and were amazed by the beauty.
I look a little "concerned" here!

One of the beautiful flowers along the way...
...and another! Absolutely breathtaking!
Rich and I at the Grotto.
The Grotto in all it's glory....with the mini waterfall down the center.
The "ring" shot at the Grotto!
Headed back on the boat...chillin'!
...and me napping!
After our tour of the Grotto....we did some more sight seeing.
Here I am above the Wailua River....
After our day of adventure...we cleaned up and went to look at the Hanalei Lighthouse and watch the sunset.
...You can barely see the lighthouse in the distance...which is also a Bird preserve.
Self-portrait #15!
...Waiting for the sun to set!
The approach of sunset...kind of looks like a bikini top...or at least that is what we thought!

More sunset...
...and another...
...and Rich and I enjoying sunset together!
It was such an amazing day...so much beauty on the island of Kauai!!!

Still to come...Stacie's 30th birthday and more!

No comments: