Friday, September 3, 2010

Chukar is missing!

Today started off a little more hectic than I would typically like...for those of you on FB, you already know, for those of you who aren't, here's the story.

Started off as most Fridays do...alarm goes off, I don't pop out of bed and the thought of Crossfit this morning makes me want to pull the covers back over my head.

Rich leans over for a good morning kiss...Chukar jumps in the middle and insists that he gets some good morning cuddles before Rich.

We end up getting up...making it to Crossfit...surviving Crossfit (barely)...getting back home to get ready for work.

Right before I leave, Rich knocks on the front door and has Chukar...he says that he got out while he was doing garbages, so I put him inside and keep getting ready.

Time for me to leave...Rich is still out front working on garbage, Chukar is on the couch saying good-bye...I head out, say good-bye to my hubby and hit the road.

I decide that I deserve Starbucks on the way to work because I seriously kicked some butt at Crossfit...and then continue my leisurely drive into work.

Traffic is bad.

I'm just driving until the phone rings.

Me: Hello babe.

Rich: Babe, Chukar is gone.

Me: Ok

Rich: I'm going to go look for him

Me: Ok

Rich: I'll call you back in 30 minutes

Me: I'm coming home

Rich: No

Me: Ok

Hang up. I immediately dial my mom

Mom: Hello

Me: Chukar is gone

Mom: I'll throw the twins in their kennel and head over

Me: Ok

Hang up...wait 15 hours (or minutes)...pray, pray, pray

Phone rings.

Rich: Babe, I found him

Me: Where

Rich: By the baseball field

Me: Ok

WOW! The shock of it all. Crazy morning.

I called my Mom and let her know...she was in route with the twins, so they came to play. Of course, they had to share a water dish, since Chukar was out of breath from his escape!



New toy time...look how big the twins are. Chukar isn't such a tank around them anymore.



The CHASE is on!



Those twins sure do wear me out...I'm spent. Too many adventures for me today! I will be the best dog ever from today on!



We were lucky that he came to Rich and lucky to have found him. :) Someone is watching over us!

Ready for the long weekend with my hubby and my puppy!

No comments: