Sunday, December 6, 2009

Puppy's 1st night....

A little recap for all the mother's out there that brought their "baby" home and didn't sleep a wink the first night...it's not because they aren't sleeping...it's because you hear every breath they take, every snore that comes out, every roll over in the bed, every whine, every wince and more...and this is just a PUPPY!

The official recap goes as follows:


9:55pm - Chukar has crashed out on me and even when I try to get him to play...he crashes out in the corner of the room giving Rich and I the "Don't move me look, I'm sleeping"...I take this as a good sign. Get him ready for bed and myself.

10:02pm - Chukar is secure in his doggie bed (next to our bed) and I am ready to crash out too!

11:00pm - Rich comes to bed, Chukar stirs a little and I tell Rich "if you wake him up, you take him to potty".

1:24am - Made it for 3 hours and 22 minutes in his box...a little rustling and whinning...so I get up and take him to Potty.

1:27am - Success! He has pottied and is back in his crate (and I am back in bed)!

1:30am - A little whinning and I let him sleep on me.

1:45am - He is sound asleep and I put him back in his bed.

2:55am - Rustling around in the crate...followed by whinning...crawling up the sides. Grab him to crash out on me again...but this time it's Play Time! We want to nibble ears, fingers, the blanket, toys and more.
I tell Rich..."Chukar wants to play".
Rich responds..."Have fun and rolls over"!

3:25am - We've played and we are back in bed. Pottied (#1 and #2) and I'm hoping for 3 more hours of sleep. He lasts about 30 seconds before crying so hard that I cave. He is back in bed. It's ok though...the breeder said for the 1st few nights that it is ok to allow this, just put him back in his bed...we have to remember he left 10 brothers and sisters yesterday (and I assume they were his friends).

5:45am - Chukar is up AGAIN! I take him down to potty and then we are back in bed. I don't even try the bed...I'm not functioning at this point and as long as he sleeps...I'm good. I grab his blankie...put it on me and he is out!

7:45am - He's up...and I guess I am too! Time to feed him! He gobbles up breakfast and we go outside. He potties (again, #1 and #2). We play for awhile and then...I tell Rich, it's your time!

So far...not as bad as I thought...but he is wanting to CHEW everything. Even went for my "teet" and took a bite! Not fun!

We are going to get more "puppy" chews today and teach him "No".


So far...he responds to:

1. Go Potty!
2. Good Boy!
3. Chukar!

Stay tuned for more...the adventures of Chukar and Rich and Stacie as parents has only
JUST BEGUN!

No comments: