Sunday, June 5, 2011

Swim, Bike, Run?

Sure, why not? Luckily, it was a beautiful Saturday morning in Issaquah and there was not a cloud in the sky...perfect racing conditions!

Here's a picture of the group at the start line area...we went in waves of about 20-30 people, so it wasn't such a disaster of clawing and swimming over one another! I, of course, was about 1 of 3 brainiacs that DID NOT wear a wetsuit! Poor planning and decision making on my part...but I made it! Only because I had Rich's voice in my ear telling me that I had to finish..that was my goal, and I completed that!

Transition from the swim to the bike area...and yes, I am barefoot running on cement, my poor feet still hurt today!
Heading in from the 15 mile bike ride...in which, I saw a dead baby deer, ran into a garbage can and helped a poor soul on the race that had a flat! Pretty productive day if you ask me!
Finally, I was almost done...the final stretch...running with shin splints and basically deciding if I was going to cry or puke at the end...well, you guessed it, I cried, but it was tears of joy!
Not sure how or why I sign up for these things...but it is always an adventure...and now I can say that I've finished 2 triathlons...pretty groovy!

Off to enjoy this beautiful Sunday that we have in front of us....

No comments: