Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks for the Giving...


It's not often that I don't just throw up some pictures, put a few light anecdotes up and move on...but today it's about something more!

During this month, it has been a goal of mine to say daily affirmations of what I'm thankful for as part of my "getting in the spirit" for Thanksgiving. This has been easy (and also pretty superficial, at times). There are all the givens in life:
Rich and our families
Great friends
Warmed cooked meals and a happy home
Warm coffee and a great day of work
The people who make me smile each day
The soldiers who have served to protect our liberties as US Citizens
Sunshine (and now Snow)
Supportive parents for both Rich and I
For my friend's dad being on the road to recovery
A brain and common sense (*wink)
Girls night and great supportive friends
And ALL of the other blessings in my life!
(notice, there is no baby in here...hahah)!

I've found that by accentuating the positive things in my life, it has given me a great void to the things in my life that are missing. The sense of giving, the greater purpose, forgiveness and completion of me. At this point of reflection, it's easy to be thankful for EVERYTHING around me, all the blessings I have, the opportunities that I have been given and the love in my life (and, of course, love of my life)....but without giving and sharing this, I feel that I am missing something.

It seems that the biggest hole in my life this year is based on the relationships in my life...I have always believed that things will work out when they are meant to, but as the hole grows each day in my heart, my soul, my stomach, it really makes me question if this is true. How do we know that this happens? I've always believed in Karma and that the is something holding all this in place...is that true?

My promise to myself this year is to continue being thankful for my blessings, but also share and give others the blessings that I am so fortunate to have. Charity (in the monetary sense) has always been there for me, but that's the "easy" way out. How much is my time worth? How can I spend my time to help the life of someone else (not just someone in my circle)? A sense of purpose, outside my self, is just what the "doctor" ordered in my case!

I hope that everyone takes a moment to reflect on the past month, past year, past decade and helps discover why you are here and how you can help.

To my dear sister, not that I even know if you will see this, there is not a day that goes by that I don't feel the loss of our relationship. The strain on my heart has left a hole that has been unable to be filled by anything or anyone. You are my friend, my sister and hopefully we will both discover how lucky we are to have that.

As the thoughts of the future enter my head each day...I pray that I will be in a better place a year from now, than I am today and know that I put as much work into the important people in my life and growing, that there is no way to stop me!

I ask each of you to be supportive of my next journey...I don't think that it will be the easy journey or as tractable as goals of my past...but I do believe it will be the most rewarding. Watch out world...you've seen nothing yet!

Happy Thanksgiving all!
All my love...

2 comments:

Evie said...

Happy thanksgiving stac! What a great message you have shared. although we don't see each other often, I support you in this journey you are starting. Your a great person that brings smiles to everyone around you by just being you! Cheers to you and rich this holiday season.

Anonymous said...

I love you Stacie Marie! I will be there for you every step of the way and, if you'll let me, I'll join you :) I've been talking to Ryan lots about charity work and volunteering! Let's find something?! xoxo my sister
Kelby