Friday, September 30, 2011

How much wood...

can a Dick Chuck chuck, if a Dick Chuck, could chuck wood? Well, today we found out!!! Rich headed out with Chukar at 4:15 AM (yes, AM...and I was the good wife that packed him a thermos of coffee at 3:30 AM) to the Naches area to get some firewood for the fall. I think this was more a "Manly use my chainsaw adventure"...than a real practical one...but if the boys had fun, then SO BE IT. I'm happy if they are happy...and I'm pretty sure they had a BLAST!

A little shot of the area where Rich decided to forage...YES, he had a permit, and NO, they don't take any living trees!
Holy smokes...that is A LOT of work for one person...and I'm pretty sure that he is feeling the pain right now!

Chukar had a great time too...Rich would let him range out and then have him come in about every 20-30 minutes...we definitely have ONE tired pup on our hands tonight...plus, a few battle wounds from his adventures too!

All loaded up and ready to come home....I guess a DICK CHUCK can chuck WOOD!!!
(For any one who doesn't know, Dick Chuck is for Richard Charles...and of course, my nickname for my babe)!Before heading back home...Rich let Chukar have a little more fun and let him swim in the Little Naches River...
So proud of my boys...but the work doesn't stop here...no he has to split and stack all the wood...any volunteers because I think I'm getting SICK...no, I mean my back hurts....oh heck, I just don't want too!

September came and went...and we even had some celebration of birthdays for the ONE AND ONLY Richie and also his Mama D! Happy Birthdays via the BLOG...even though the celebrations have been made! On to October, and decorating for Halloween, and fires, and books on the couch, and of course COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

No comments: