Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Glutton for punishment ...

or just a goal setter? You decide!

Over the holidays, Rich and I had some time to discuss our goals (both personally and professionally) and as nice as winning the lotto, retiring to a nice beach and calling it a day sounds...I think we both decided that we are better off when we are more focused and goal-oriented. I guess that it is just the TYPE A personalities that make us up. For Rich, he will have to let you know his goals...but I decided to make a few of mine public.

  1. CHARITY - participate in a minimum of 12 charitable functions during the year, whether it be fund-raising and participating in the MS Walk in April, Volunteering my time in January or something else...this is my number 1 goal!
  2. READ MORE - ok, we all read, but how many of us read outside our comfort zone...well, not me. I'm going to reach out for opinions from others (ones I agree and disagree with) and challenge myself to read 12 books that I wouldn't have read otherwise.
  3. COMPLETE A TRIATHLON - This may seem like a repeat from 2009, but this year, I am doing it for TIME. I want to drop 12 minutes (see a theme)! The goal is to get my buns looking as good as they did for the wedding and my 30th. See blog from June 2009 to see how great they looked.
  4. PLAN "THE DREAM TRIP" - Not necessarily go on the dream trip this year (Greece or New Zealand (TBD)), but to plan for a vacation abroad for a minimum of 12 days!
Of course, there are more goals...but some are not suited for everyone....some I'm too modest (right?!?) to share....some need a little more thought...and some are just too personal!

I am personally looking forward to an AWESOME 2011 with my husband and puppy...our family may grow in the future, but I will never forget how great the "early" years were! This year holds so many choices, decisions, exciting plans and more for Rich and I and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds...of course, I will share the juicy details along the way, as always!

Here's to 2011!

No comments: