Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 15, 2010:

I was able to track down a barrel to start some of the training techniques that jetjockey and others have described. Here is a shot of Chukar being introduced to his new buddy:



He wasn't too impressed initially, that might be at least partly attributable to the fact that the barrel was used for vinegar...I think I need to rinse it out...maybe.

I moved it from the middle of the yard to up against the deck and I wedged a piece of wood on the other side to make the barrel as stable as possible. I then called Chukar over, picked him up and plopped him on top of the barrel, boy was he not digging this. I tried my best to encourage him and pose him the best I could before I released him. We did this again and he did a bit better, but he was still nervous around the barrel. I got the introduction done, that was my goal. I will get some shots of us with the barrel as we progress.

No comments: