Thursday, September 11, 2008

Green Thumb

Being born into a family full of florists/gardener-extraordinaires...you would think that I would have picked something up along the way....wrong. I've managed to keep 2 plants alive for more than 1 year - an orchid in college and a ficus...that's it. Well, god rest their soles, they have both gone to the great plant heaven in the sky...but I keep trying. Or is it, people keep giving me living things and I'm supposed to keep them alive.

Suz and Clay - thanks for the Begonia...it lasted about 7 weeks
Aunt Roxy and Grandma - thanks for the planters...they are still "kind of" hanging on
Lori and Fereti - thanks for the orchid...a few blooms still remain
Mom and Dad - thanks for the orchid...this one doesn't look like it's going to make it...and the planter...that one is going strong. You see...you started it, so it made it a little longer....Sunflowers...long gone!
Denise and Dick - our lucky bamboo is thriving! Yeah, maybe that is the turning point for my green thumb!

Ok, so you get my point. Rich and I blame it on the heat, but really, has anyone seen the summer we've had...it's probably us. To my amazement, we did plant a few pansies and mums over labor day and not only are they doing great...they are growing. I don't know about you, but I think this is a GOOD thing. Check it out!

Our mini little flower bed..

Oh yeah, we moved the solar lights too! They are out in our front yard now and are all working properly. Of course, there is more sun up front...so go Solar lights! Thanks again to Kim, Rick and Alex.
Our other mums, pansies and solar lights at night!
For those of you who also haven't heard...we've decided to start getting some furniture. No more sleeping bags and tailgating chairs for the TV room.

Can't wait for you to all see it in person. We are having a BLAST and absolutely loving home ownership. We've officially been in our house 2 months today! Yippee!!!

No comments: